The Clinical Measurements Laboratory is a multidisciplinary human movement measurement and analysis facility with a focus on clinical gait analysis.
The team consists of:
- Consultant Clinical Scientist/Lead Clinician
- Two Consultants in Rehabilitation Medicine
- Two Consultants in Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Clinical Specialist gait analysis Physiotherapist
- Specialist Paediatric Physiotherapist
- Senior Clinical Scientist
- Technical support
The assessments involve the collection, analysis, and documentation of clinical gait data for use in planning and reviewing patient treatment. This information is used to measure the movement of the joints, the forces/pressures acting on them, how the muscles are working and how much energy is being used. All of this information is included in a report that is used to assist in planning and reviewing patient treatments.