Traded Services Programme
Schools often tell us they need more support to meet pupils’ health or communication needs, above and beyond the ‘core’ services funded by local authority and health commissioners.
Now schools can purchase additional School Nursing and Speech & Language Therapy, supplementing the core services, through our Traded Services programme.
What can this provide for your school?
- A named NHS clinical professional providing scheduled, dedicated time and support and working as part of your team towards shared objectives and priorities
- An agreed programme of service tailored to the wider health and/or communication needs in your school
- Working with pupils, classes, groups, teachers, whole school and families
- Extra support for individual pupils, and those who don’t meet core service thresholds
- Accessible health promotion and education, for pupils and parents
- Helping pupils achieve their academic potential with focused SLCN and health support
- Staff training and curriculum support
- Added value services enhancing core service provision
As the NHS provider of ‘core’ services to Birmingham’s schools for many years we understand the additional services schools want, and we can provide them. More than 80 schools already enjoy the benefits of these additional services, and their feedback is overwhelmingly positive.
To discover how our services can help your school, please contact our Traded Services team.
Meanwhile click this link for an online version of our leaflet