Better Care

Are you concerned about a child?

Report a concern  

There are several ways to report concerns about the safety or welfare of a child.  Each of them will ensure that any necessary action to protect the child can be taken promptly. Please contact one of the organisations below promptly using any one of the contact methods listed to report concerns about a child in confidence.

  • You can report or discuss a concern about a child by contacting

    Birmingham children's information and advice service on 0121 303 1888.  Outside office hours, call the emergency duty team 24 hours a day, seven days a week on 0121 675 4806

  • Watch this video from Staffordshire Safeguarding Board about the dangers of sexting. Click here to watch the video.

  • Stop it Now! is a campaign that aims to stop child sexual abuse by encouraging abusers and potential abusers to seek help and, by giving adults the information they need, to protect children effectively. Call the Stop It Now! helpline free on 0808

  • The neglect or abuse of a child is a criminal offence. You can report concerns about a child directly to West Midlands Police on 0845 113 5000

  •  The Birmingham Safeguarding Children Board co-ordinates all work to safeguard and promote the wellbeing of children and young people in Birmingham and ensure effective multi-agency safeguarding procedures are maintained. Click here to visit the BSCB website.

  • The NSPCC provides a number of ways to report concerns about a child quickly and discreetly. 

Additional support


Named Nurses for Safeguarding Children

Priestley  Wharf 
Holt Street
Birmingham Science Park
B7 4BN

Tel: 0121 466 7090

Designated Nurses for Safeguarding Children 
Tel: 0121 255 0669