BCHC staff treating an adult patient


Adults' Services

Speech and Language Therapy

A service for adults who have difficulty with communication or eating, drinking and swallowing.

About Our Service

The Adult Speech and Language Therapy Service at Birmingham Community Healthcare covers both inpatient wards and community settings such as people’s homes or those living in care homes.



About Speech and Language Therapists

Speech and Language Therapists (SLTs) are HCPC registered therapists who provide support and treatment for people who have difficulty with communication or eating, drinking and swallowing. More information about our profession and role can be found via the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy (RCSLT) website.

Our patients and their carers and families are the reason we're here, so we want to hear your views about the Trust and our services.