About our Library
Smallwood Library supports clinical practice, patient care, research needs, educational requirements & personal and professional development.
Our services are for use by our staff and placement students. Organisations which have a service level agreement with us are entitled to a limited range of services – contact us for further information.
What do we offer
- Articles: if you want a journal article that isn’t available to you online, we can usually source it for you. Just email the article details to email@example.com.
- Literature searches: if you need a search for work-related purposes, email the details of your search to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the search is for an assignment or dissertation, contact us to book a session for training.
- Information Skills Training - Contact us to request a session for you or your team.
- Laptops for loan.
- Current awareness - Register for KnowledgeShare and receive personalised and targeted, fortnightly bulletins of high impact publications relevant to your professional interests.
- Journal clubs – Receive support from planning and critical appraisal training to finding papers to review.
- Knowledge database – Trust staff are encouraged to send us information on publications, presentations, projects, research they’re involved in.
- Printing, photocopying and scanning facilities are available.
We welcome patients at Moseley Hall Hospital to join the library for the duration of their stay. You can register to borrow any of our books and use a computer with internet access.
Other resources available for patients and their carers include:
- NHS Choices is a comprehensive information service that helps to put you in control of your healthcare with its A-Z of common conditions and treatments.
- Patient Info is an online resource that provides information similar to what you’d expect from your GP on health, lifestyle, disease and other medical topics. It has a handy Symptom Checker tool.