Become a Member of Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Are you passionate about your local community NHS services? If so, then we would love you to sign up and become a member of Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
Our public membership is open to all who live in the wider West Midlands region aged 16 and over. Please encourage people in your local area to become members and have their say on their local healthcare services.
Only BCHC members can vote for whom they would like to represent them on our Council of Governors. You can enquire about becoming a Governor of the Trust by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership is a mechanism for members of the public and BCHC colleagues to become involved in the governance of the organisation, thereby increasing our accountability to the communities we serve.
It is a route for anyone who may use a service provided by BCHC to give feedback or challenge us in relation to existing services or ideas about new services we may consider delivering.
Each membership is equal in status. But in order to ensure each member is able to participate in accordance with their personal preferences, we offer two different levels of public membership:
- 'Keep in touch:' receive our annual newsletter; invitation to annual members' meetings; Governor election information.
- 'Get involved:' receive information about opportunities to play an active role in shaping our services; receive a monthly e-newsletter plus occasional bulletins about other ways to be involved.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The general data protection regulation (GDPR) came into effect on 25 May 2018.
- Privacy Notices
- Membership Privacy Notice
If you want to change how we keep in touch, please feel free to contact us any time by emailing email@example.com
Become a Governor: 2024 Election
Are you ready to take your passion to the next level and become a governor?
At Birmingham Community Healthcare our governors are crucial and valued partners, whose expertise, enthusiasm, challenge, and support help shape our Trust. They represent the views and interests of Trust members and the local community, including the people who use the Trust’s services and their carers; the public; staff; and partner organisations. Our Governors help ensure the Trust is rooted in its community and responds to community needs.
Now is the opportunity to stand as a governor and help connect us with all the diverse communities we serve. The governor role is open to all, with no prior experience needed; only a passion for improving the lives and health of Birmingham’s population.
We are looking for candidates to stand in the following constituencies:
- Public: Central and West Birmingham (1 vacancy)
- Public: North and East Birmingham (2 vacancies)
- Public: South Birmingham (2 Vacancies)
- Staff: Medical, Dental and Nursing (2 vacancies)
- Staff: Health Care Assistant and Support Services (1 Vacancy)
- Staff: Scientific and Allied Health Professionals (1 Vacancy)
- Staff: Other (1 Vacancy)
Nominations are open from Monday 29 January until Tuesday 13 February: