Values In Practice (VIP) Staff Awards
We received more than 400 nominations for or 2023 VIP Awards. Thank you!
Our Values in Practice (VIP) Awards are now closed for 2023. If you made a nomination, you will receive an email to let you know whether your nomination has been shortlisted or not.
About the VIP Awards
Our Values in Practice (VIP) Awards allow staff, patients and members of the public to nominate staff, teams or volunteers for going above and beyond to provide outstanding service or care for patients, their carers and family members.
The awards are based on our shared values of Caring, Open, Respectful, Responsible and Inclusive, with additional categories to acknowledge both clinical and non-clinical individuals and teams for outstanding work.
The VIP Awards are a great opportunity to recognise the great work delivered by BCHC colleagues and volunteers.
There are 18 categories in total in which you can nominate:
Our Values in Action
Caring sponsored by
Responsible sponsored by
Recognising Outstanding Work
Clinical Unsung Hero
Non-Clinical Unsung Hero
Clinical Leader of the Year
Non-Clinical Leader of the Year
Clinical Team of the Year
Non-Clinical Team of the Year
Adult Community Services Superstar
Adult and Specialist Rehabiltation Superstar
Children and Families Services Superstar
Dental Services Superstar
Learning Disablity Services Superstar
We are incredibly grateful to all our sponsors for supporting and recognising the hard work, determination and commitment of BCHC colleagues to help patients and the wider community. Our sponsors are organisations that we have strong partnership relationship with throughout the entire year not just for this evening’s ceremony..
Our sponsors in 2023 are:
Thank you all for your valued support!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the shortlisting process ?
Nominations are presented to a panel who select one winner and two finalists for each category.
The panel is made up of:
- An executive director
- A non-executive director
- A staff side representative
- Someone from our public membership
Everyone who is nominated, whether successfully shortlisted or not, will be contacted regarding the status of their nomination.
How do I make my nomination stand out?
- Select a category which best represents the reason for your nomination. Our categories are based on our five values (Caring, Open, Respectful, Responsible, Inclusive).
- 'Sell' your nomination to our juding panel. Paint a picture of the nominated team or individual using real examples, evidence or comments from patients.
- Keep it short and punchy!
How else can I nominate?
There are three ways to submit a nomination:
- Via an easy-to-complete online form or click the button below.
- By emailing email@example.com and we will send a form to you (we can pop one in the post but encourage you to use email).
- Or you can call 0121 466 7282 and we will send a form to you (award administrators can fill in a form on behalf of callers if needed).