Adults' Nutrition Services
Getting an appointment with a dietitian
There are many reasons why an appointment with a community dietitian may be necessary. Below is a list of some of the reasons why you may be referred to see a dietitian in a clinic.
- Food allergy or intolerance including Coeliac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Crohn’s Disease & Ulcerative Colitis
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Low weight or poor nutrition
- Heart Disease, including high blood pressure
Most people are referred to see a community dietitian by their nurse or doctor; however any health professional you see may make the referral, with your permission. We are also developing a new service for patients to self-refer in some instances. In the meantime, if you would like to be seen by a community dietitian but don’t know how, please contact us.