BCHC staff with child and parent image



Support for children and families

The NDP team assesses children and young people for neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

NDP logo

ADHD resources for children and families


ADDISS (National Attention Deficit Disorder Information and Support Service)

ADDISS (020 8952 2800) provides information and support for parents and children with ADHD. 

ADHD Foundation

A foundation who works with individuals with ADHD and those around them to provide support, raise awareness and promote positive change.

Box of Ideas

Resource centre with lots of practical tips for home and school for a range of difficulties including ADHD. Click here for more information.

ADHD Voices

ADHD Voices brings the perspectives and experiences of children into international debates around rising child psychiatric diagnoses and the increasing use of drugs in child psychiatry.

Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)

CHADD is an organisation that provides education, advocacy and support for individuals with ADHD and their families.

Contact a Family

Contact a Family (0808 808 3555): a UK-wide charity providing advice, information and support.

Janssen: Living With ADHD
Whether you have been diagnosed with ADHD, or are the parent/carer or teacher of someone who has the condition, this website will help you face the challenges you may have and address any questions and concerns. 

Kids Health

Information on ADHD particularly useful for children and young people. Search ADHD for more information.

NHS Treatment Information



Mental Health / Emotional Support and Wellbeing / Behavioural Support

ADHD Guide for Parents and Carers

ADHD in Children and Young People: A Simple Guide for Parents and Carers booklet.

All Saints Youth Project 

All Saints Youth Project (0121 4431842) falls under the umbrella of All Saints Community Projects, whose overall purpose is to provide services and facilities to improve the social welfare and health of people in Birmingham.

Anxiety Canada

Anxiety Canada provides self-help resources, programs and services for children, youth, adults and educators on anxiety.

Birmingham Children's Trust

Here for children, young people, care leavers, families and carers


Offer advice related to helping young people to build confidence and self-esteem, making new friends and coping with feelings. Available to talk about any issue.

Family Lives

Family Lives  (0808 8002222): help with behaviour management.

Forward Thinking Birmingham 

  • Support for self harm
  • Support for anxiety
  • Support for eating disorders
  • Support for substance misuse
  • Support for suicidal thoughts
  • Support for OCD

From Birmingham With Love

Help for all families: leaflet with useful advice and links.

NCMH (National Centre for Mental Health)

This organisation brings together world-leading researchers to learn more about the triggers and causes of mental health problems. Their website gives information on conditions like ADHD and medication used to manage it.

Nip in the bud

Mental health charity that makes short films and fact sheets about conditions like ADHD.

Pause (Forward Thinking Birmingham)

Pause (Forward Thinking Birmingham), 21 Digbeth, Birmingham, B5 6BJ (0300 300 0099): Support offered to young people up to the age of 25 years with advice, sign posting and support with any concerns related to mental and emotional wellbeing.

Drop in sessions:

  • Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10.00 am - 6.00 pm.
  • Wednesday, 12.00 pm - 8.00 pm.
  • Saturday and Sunday, 11.00 am – 4.00 pm.

Parenting Approach: Non-Violent Resistance (NVR)


Young Minds

Young Minds (0808 802 5544 - parents' helpline): the UK’s leading charity for children and young people’s mental health. Provides advice on online resources, training and development, outreach work. 

Youth Offending Service (Birmingham)

Youth Offending Service : telephone 0121 464 0600 kingsmere 18 Gravelly Hill Erdington Birmingham B23 6BQ   https://www.birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk



Education and training

Birmingham Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)

Birmingham SENDIASS offers impartial information, advice and support to children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities.

Children’s Services – Education and Children Social Services

Birmingham Children's Services (0121 303 1888): information about Birmingham schools including school places &  regarding Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP). 

South and City Birmingham College 

South and City Birmingham College (121 694 5000 or 0800 111 6311): educational support for young people who have ADHD. 

The Prince’s Trust Birmingham – Personal development programme

Prince's Trust (0800 842 842): help for 13-25 year olds to work towards their personal goals.

National Citizen Service

National Citizen Service (0800 197 8010): a four-phase programme for 15-17 year olds designed to provide new experiences. 

Queen Alexandra College – a national college for learners with disabilities

Queen Alexandra College (0121 428 5050): support and guidance for students on the Autistic spectrum (including Asperger’s syndrome), with moderate to severe learning difficulties students, with physical disabilities and those with other needs. 

Birmingham Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)

Birmingham SENDIASS offers impartial information, advice and support to children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities.

Birmingham School Exclusions Team

Birmingham School Exclusions Team (0121 3032685): learning support when children are excluded.



Safeguarding/concerns for safety/family support 

Children’s Social Services

Contact if a child/young persons is at risk/harm (0121 303 1888). Support for families, please visit website for further details. 

NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children)

Support for children, young people, parents, families and professionals. Please click here for more information.


POhWER  Advocacy Service(0300 4562370): ensures procedures are followed by health and social care services; offers advice and support with letter writing.




Cerebra Sleep Service

Cerebra Sleep Service (0800 328 1159) to help children (and their families, ) who have trouble sleeping. They have a team of sleep practitioners who can offer help and advice on overcoming sleep problems such as anxiety at night and not being able to go to sleep. 

Teen Sleep Guide

How to Sleep Guide: Teen Sleep Guide download.

Why Do We Need Sleep?

Why do we need sleep leaflet.



Other useful services


Identifies local amenities that are accessible to children with additional needs

Tourettes Action

Tourettes support for young people.


An excellent resource for educators.



Suggested reading


ADHD image

Our patients and their carers and families are the reason we're here, so we want to hear your views about the Trust and our services.