This Green Plan sets out Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust’s three-year strategy for the following:
reducing carbon, waste and water by:
- increasing Low/Zero Carbon Technologies across the estate;
- switching to lower carbon asthma inhalers;
- reducing the carbon footprint from anaesthetic gases (applicable to Birmingham Dental Hospital and community dental facilities).
improving air quality by:
- cutting business mileages and fleet air pollutant emissions by 20 per cent;
- reducing the use of avoidable single-use plastics.